Ben looks at Kaitlyn through his (toy) binoculars, and tells us she's bigger already.
Ben to Kaitlyn: Want to have a look?

She's grown, yah...
... no longer swallowed up by this chair, yay!

The thing with babies, besides their size, they always look a little different each time, don't they? And I thought these shots of Kaitlyn before the fifth week was just up, show more of a little girl look already!
Now she just broke out with rashes on her forehead and face =(. Can it be just a heat rash? I hope it's not eczema; both her brothers had it when they were little.
Does anyone, if your child had infant eczema and you were nursing, had to abstain from certain food -- in my case, eggs, dairy products, seafood, nuts, and some citrus fruits, so that the rashes will not flare up too badly for the baby? Only one pediatrician we saw, back in Singapore when Jon was little, had suggested this.
Ben to Kaitlyn: Want to have a look?

She's grown, yah...

... no longer swallowed up by this chair, yay!

The thing with babies, besides their size, they always look a little different each time, don't they? And I thought these shots of Kaitlyn before the fifth week was just up, show more of a little girl look already!
Now she just broke out with rashes on her forehead and face =(. Can it be just a heat rash? I hope it's not eczema; both her brothers had it when they were little.
Does anyone, if your child had infant eczema and you were nursing, had to abstain from certain food -- in my case, eggs, dairy products, seafood, nuts, and some citrus fruits, so that the rashes will not flare up too badly for the baby? Only one pediatrician we saw, back in Singapore when Jon was little, had suggested this.
P.S. Here's more information on eczema causes and treatment from Dr Greene, that may explain why some babies get "negatively affected" when nursing moms consume allergenic food.
P.P.S. Hmm... looks like there is a difference between baby acne and eczema.
I'm going to wait and see how Kaitlyn's rashes go; meanwhile, keep her face clean as many of you recommended (thanks!). Hopefully, I don't have to remove those food items from my diet -- the way I did for both boys until they were at least a year old, as it'll mean quite a lot of things I can't eat!

9 comments:
aiyoooooo.. SO FAST TIME FLIES!! One month already? Has it really been one month already? I could not believe my eyes when I read the full moon post below. Kaitlyn is one month old already... wow! Time really flies eh BP? And you made it sound so easy lah! :P
I agree, Kaitlyn has feminine features already. Love her eyes, big round eyes! O_O
Aww.. she is like an angel you know.. makes my mother instinct flare up like nobody's business... makes me wanna have a baby RIGHT NOW! hohohoh.....
so fast :-) it feels like only yesterday you were still pregnant and walking around.. hehe.. and she's turning into a pretty lil girl..
as for the ezcema, my son too had it but we didn't put any cream though the pead did recommend some and it went off itself. just keep it cleanm wiping often
I remember both Rach and Chris had it, I mean the ezcema, but just could not remember what did I do with it :) Getting old! But, it was ages ago, right?
Kaitlyn melts my heart! And like JoMel, makes me want to cuddle a baby right now! Well, that will be as a grandma!
Thanks for sharing.
Yes, she looks very girlish in this picture. How time flies when looking at others' babies. She has your looks, can see.
Dearie, those eyes will lure many hearts away... so, be warned. ;P
Babies are transforming angels!! HA! =D Can't wait to see how much more she's going to rock the world. =D
As for the infant eczema, I wish I could help... but count on me to pray!! Yes, something I'll do faithfully... =)
Kaitlyn is a little Angel. So peaceful just looking at her ",)
I babysit a cute little Jap girl while I was in Oz and she had ezcema too, her mum did not apply any cream on her but just keep the area clean all the time. The ezcema disappear when she was about seven months old.
{{hug}}{{hug}}little Kaitlyn =) Take care BP. God Bless.
Yes, babies' look keep changing, esp in the 1st yr. And she's definitely getting prettier by the day. :)
My son has a mild case of eczema too. I din refrain from any food while bfg. But when he started solids, I monitor wat type of fish he can take. So far, he's not taken any other types of seafood. He's now much better edi.
Waaah...really looks bigger liow. She does look like her brothers. But with more girly look, of course!
What a BIG girl now!! And I think she looks a little like Ben.
Never abstained from anything when my babies had eczema.But Mil told me to clean it with breast milk. and I did!! Dont know if it got better. Last month we went to consult a skin specialist coz of Little D's eczema, and he told us everything we thot we knew was wrong!! So just keep it clean and "go with the flow"!
Post a Comment