The week's come and gone. No sight of our lil one yet.
I'm hanging in there, trying not to interpret every contraction, cramp in my legs, and backache, as signs of labour. But if you've gone beyond the due date when expecting your child, you probably understand how I'm feeling at this point. Tired, oh yes! But still looking forward, even more forward now to the lil one's arrival!
No two birth experiences are the same, and you must have your own story to tell. And while both Jon and Ben had arrived by this time for both my first and second pregnancies, each was born on the day when the doctor least expected him to. For Jon, my waters broke the same day we'd made an appointment for him to be induced in another week. And Ben, he arrived within hours of me almost sent home after an end-of-day checkup, and had I not asked to stay the night at the hospital, we might have been stuck on the expressway!
Last night for several hours until past 4am this morning, I was pretty sure I had regular contractions that lasted 1 min or longer each. But not wanting to jump the gun, and since it was just a 10-, not yet 5-minute interval, and not knowing how long more before the actual labour would be, I eventually went to bed when the exhaustion swept over me. Only, when I awoke some three hours after that, the contractions had subsided.
Aw, looks like Baby changed her mind. And I'd be lying to say the hubby and I were just a tad disappointed. All day long today, Vern has been asking me if there's any more of those more intense contractions.
So no, it wasn't an "Olympics" or "National Day" baby my MIL was hoping for when she skyped us the other day. But babies will come when they want to, and the Lord knows, for He knows all and knows best, right?
Meanwhile, many thanks to all of you for leaving me your sweet words of encouragement here on the blog, and in my email, and also to the old friend who called out of the blue from back home! I hope my next post will be to share with you our new addition... coming soon, real soon, yeah? =)
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
wat a coincidence! I've posted about my girl's birth story :D
u take care and push hard! :)
Thank you so much for updating! Have been checking in and out this blog, and almost wrote a mail.. :)
Take care. Hugz...
She's out yet? :D I know the anticipation, been thru that coz boy was late by 2 days. Kept thinking every time I felt a lil discomfort, "Is this it?"
Here's wishing u a safe n smooth delivery!
Hey glad to see your update. Those practice contractions are good, helps to set the ground work for labour. I had mild contractions on and off for 2 days and by the time I went into labour, it was all the way go! So hang in there my dear friend, the Lord has His timing :) Lots of love to you!
(~~;)... BE STRONG! The date doesn't matter, God decides a better! Surely He makes all things right and beautiful, and I pray that His strength be with you. I pray for a smooth delivery and the baby be good too. Hugs... we'll be anticipating the debut of your new one. =)
God has everything planned... Relax,I be praying for your smooth delivery and the arrival of your bundle of joy. (^^,)
Ling, Yan, Slavemom, Priscilla, Stardust, and Jade,
Thanks for checking in on me. Your friendship always warms my heart, and your support means so much! God bless you and yours!!!
hi hope your delivery will be a smooth one. enjoy it. can't wait to see how your little one looks like.
take care yeah!~ Looking forward to c ur little one's photo.. :p
Oh, the anticipation! You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers much lately. Hang in there and enjoy the last days where you can still feel her every movement inside you. Can't wait to hear your birth story and see pictures of your little babe!
-fay
Enjoy your pregnancy days while you can and the baby will out very soon. You take care, BP and let us know when baby is out.
Hiya....Haven't visited your blog for awhile since was back in Malaysia. Thought that when I visit, you would have delivered. Was surprised that you still had one more most. I guessed at this time, you really have gone to deliver your little princess.
Can't wait to see her picture!!
Hey BP! I can't wait to hear yor birth story and post many pictures of your baby princess!
Constance, Lil Prince,
Hi there, thanks for dropping by, and for your well-wishes!
Fay, Jo-N, Nomadic Mom, Charlene,
The pictures and birth story are here. Thanks so much for all your encouragement and support!
Post a Comment