
that helped Ben eat his beef stew dinner just now (for him, noodles always work better than rice when it comes to stews and braised dishes)...
But the St Louis-based Big Foot, that's the biggest monster truck in the world!

We saw it up-close for the first time, and heard it rev its really loud (and I mean loooooud!!!) engine! All part of a truck exhibition at the Science Centre, that was wrapping up when we got there on Father's Day.
We must have hung around for at least 20, maybe 30 minutes, along with some other kids, mostly boys, and their parents, (and me trying not to yawn big YAWNS), as we watched Big Foot taken apart...
Wheel after wheel coming off, and every wheel getting hauled into the long vehicle with the help of a pulley:

But no, I don't know a boy who doesn't like trucks.
Finally, Big Foot itself minus its humungous wheels was ready to be loaded onto the semi, too, and driven off!

You didn't, for one moment -- like me, think that Big Foot would change to a smaller set of wheels, and hit the road separately? ;pWhat else is cool...
"Monster-eye" tattoos...

Ben and Jon were the last kids to get these at the truck exhibition, just before it closed.
How it's done: sprayed on, with that stencil!

And DIY iron-ons... can be pretty cool, too!

This was the one piece of garment I made sure I pressed, and it was in the early hours on Father's Day when I finally found the time to do it, even though I haven't finished ironing our last two weeks' clothes!
It worked for me:
It was six months ago when I first explored T-shirt transfers like this one, and turned pictures of friends I could get hold of (without them knowing), into semi-homemade gifts for Christmas.
Each piece involved a simple design (I used Photoshop) plus caption (that was my favourite part to come up with), before I could iron it onto the medium of my choice (e.g. apron, bag -- storebought though, because it's not easy to squeeze in time for projects like this, besides that me liking to fuss over details means I take longer to complete them).
I will really like to make Jon and Ben their own, too, before my hands get even fuller, quite soon!

9 comments:
surprisingly I did not yawn!! hahaha!
The wheels are monstrous indeed!! We wouldn't mind a bit witnessing that in persons.
Jon's grin by the way, always make me smile! So gleeful kind of grin! :)
My girl's the same too, prefers noodle over rice. But boy is the oppo, can't live w/o rice! :D
The Big Foot is really BIG!! But I'd be yawning too if I were there. hehehe
That's a really cool tee u made for Vern. Really 1 of a kind eh? ;)
Eh...nice to make those T-shirts as gifts. You've got to print them on special paper, hor?
Oh my, how not to YAWN leh . . . The boys will be yawning next, when you head to 'princess' corners in the near future. :o)
Jomel,
Hehe! It was a special "sighting" for the boys, who happened to have watched that monster truck in some kid's video just the other day.
Slavemom,
Haha, isn't it the case that one child will always like something one way, and the other child the complete opposite?
Thanks, Vern is not wearing the tee-shirt just yet... he doesn't want to ruin it, he says!
Nomadic Mom,
Thanks, yes, you have to use those T-shirt transfers. It took a novice me quite a few tries and I had to throw away the initial pieces when they didn't turn out the way I imagined them to look... e.g. some transfers are not suitable for dark-colour fabric.I learned the hard way, but now I know!
Viv,
Hahaha, but girls can be rugged too!
Hahaha... I can't help it when I know it makes you YAWN. With all those loud engine? HAHAHHAHA!!! You're so cute bp!
I'm one boyish girl, and machines fascinate me. I can't believe my eyes when I saw the picture of your gems standing in front of those hot wheels! And all the disassembly! I wouldn't mind being rolled over by it! HAHAHAHAHAH! Joking lah! =D
Hey your hot wheel ' mee ' looks hot for any boys. See your Jon's grin, I want to pinch those cheeks! Khee...
Stardust,
Oh, forgot to mention, the irony of it all is that I was the one amongst us who hung around the longest -- to try and capture those last pictures of Big Foot eventually loaded onto the long vehicle! So much so, hubby had to call out to me, "let's go (show's over)"!
So, though I'm not a huge fan of monster trucks, I did pretty OK, eh? Hehe!
Its great that they prefer noodles over rice ...esp with the escalating cost of rice over here!!
As for the wheels, I thot you got a new set of wheels!!
What a cheeky grin Jon has!
SAHM,
Hehe! But noodles/pasta prices have gone up also! Hubby said we should have potatoes instead!
Post a Comment