

I was going to post these remaining snow pictures sooner, but besides Christmas things, there's more on our minds that has us running around a bit. Some things do work differently here, I got to admit. Stuff I took for granted back home, for how accessible it was.

Of course, there's other different stuff here, like all that beautiful white snow, I do appreciate a whole great deal! And we do not have to take a holiday elsewhere, just so our boys can enjoy it firsthand! How cool is that? Stuff that I mustn't take for granted, either!

Ask Jon and Ben, and sledding is what they want to do when there's lots and lots of snow! So even though all we had was 30 minutes, after Sunday School duty and before Chinese class, we had to get to some slope! There wasn't enough time to go to the Art Hill, the place where half the town would flock to, for that nice long ride from the top of the hill outside the Art Museum to the foot where the fountains of the Grand Basin are, not to mention what an awesome view it offers!
We went to a park instead, at the first signs that it had a slope that looked like it might work, never mind a gentler one, and not as long a ride. Maybe the boys wouldn't know the difference, or would they?

Ben, who's old enough to sled by himself, was convinced when the sled stop short in the middle of the slope, "But daddy, the sled went the wrong way!". And with that, it was his excuse to go down the slope by himself, "all by myself!", for a consecutive time, instead of waiting to take his turn, after Jon has gone!

No, the boys didn't always play nicely. For Jon, too, wanted to go on the sled as many times as possible! Sometimes it was easier to just let them both sled together, and now and then, Vern did, too! I tried not to have to keep such a close watch on the time, asking them to "hurry up!", or having to remind them more than once that it was going to be the "last time!".


Mostly, after we found our spot (and don't you just like that tree in the background?), I clicked away happily, cropping the shots tight, so it would appear as if we were in some "sled" resort (if there's such a place)!
But of course, you can tell from the buildings in these pictures that we're in an urban setting, not some idyllic resort! Haha!

One day, some day, when I get the chance and pluck up enough courage, perhaps we will all head to a ski resort, and while Vern has done it before at Lake Tahoe with his former colleagues, it will be a new experience for the children and me, to whoosh down that way!
Until then, I will have to agree with Jon and Ben that "sledding's the most fun!", when it comes to snow!
In the end, we gave them some extra time, and Jon ended up being 15 minutes late for Chinese, or was it 20?! Oh well, but I suspect you would have done the same! ;p A few kids did not show up, but hey, we never know if there's going to be another snowfall like this for the rest of winter!

11 comments:
Wow! Looks like I was spot on! Miss those snowy days. Think N. America will be seeing lots of snow this winter!You guys can have more fun. I am sooooo envious.
Hey BP! Happy White Christmas to you and your family! Sounds like you are having fun, fun, fun in the snow!! :D
Y'know, I can't view any of your photos at all because flickr is banned here! Oh well, I'll just read your text then! :)
That's really fun. Mum, when am I going to have that?
That was Chris, my 12-year-old son who said that. He is certainly green with envy.
I remember few years back when we were in Beijing on a family holiday, Chris and Rachel were busy "catching" some snow flakes and said,
We caught the one in the million!
God's creation is amazing, isn't it? One in a million!
Thanks for sharing.
Oh, looks like SO much fun! Almost makes me wish for a white Christmas. . . .
Nahhh. . . Give me Florida any year.
SAHM,
Yes, spot on! =) The snow's melted and temps are back up to 11C! A White Christmas is unlikely, but we are keeping our fingers crossed for another snowfall before winter comes to an end.
Kat,
Hi, sorry you can't see the pictures... thanks for reading!
A very Merry Christmas to you and your family, too!
Yan, and Chris,
Yes, one in a million! God's handiwork is so awesome, and precise =)
Tulip Girl,
Hehe, I know what you mean that sunshine is lots of fun, too, and there are other things like the beach to enjoy back in sunny Singapore, that we don't have here, and miss!
WOW!! That looks like soooo much fun!! :-)
Derek,
Yes, and that's why the boys wanted to go on the sled again and again!
Ahh so beautiful!
Thanks Charlene!
Shiok !!!!
Darren,
Hehe!
Did you guys catch the snow, as Jo might have been looking forward to it?
Post a Comment