Thursday, December 13, 2007

The muffin that's "more cookie"

Dec 07 v 019 Dec 07 v 015

With enough other things on our Christmas To Do list I need to get to first, I'm leaving the festive cookies to bake nearer to when we're giving them away.

Meanwhile, here's a simple Cranberry Nut Bar recipe that's worked for us before, and I do go back to it now and then, because I like how straightforward it is. You practically just have to stir everything together, and leave in the oven to bake.

For a change, I made it as muffins, preparing dinner one evening, and there was still space in the oven to pop these in. And of course, baking the muffins took faster than leaving all the batter in a pan. They were done at about the same time I took our fish out, too.

Dec 07 v 006 Dec 07 v 004

Now this is definitely more of a cookie bar. So, think more crunch, than cake.

Dec 07 v 022 Dec 07 v 024

One boy -- Jon, liked it more than the other. And Ben, after giving the finished product a few pokes here and there, and even before he took a bite, already decided, "But mommy, this isn't really a muffin."

Umm... why not you give it a try, and let me know what you think? ;p

Dec 07 v 021

Here's the recipe:
Cranberry Nut Bars

It's from a supermarket ad that would appear around Thanksgiving, when cranberries are in season here. They still are, right now, but if you can't get hold of any fresh ones, the dried ones work just as well for us!

3 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

oh no, u r making me hungry again!

stay-at-home mum said...

Never mind whether it comes out muffin or cookie - just as long as we enjoy eating it. How about some for me? It looks good!

bp said...

Ling, SAHM,
Come, help yourselves to as much as you want!