Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ben draws his first stick man

Jun 07 vii 112

It's a soldier... according to Sergeant Ben! He asked for his Gor Gor's red sleeveless top, to pass off as his bullet-proof vest!
Jun 07 vii 098

And here's a serious-looking General Jon...
Jun 07 vii 105 Jun 07 vii 106

The boys picked their own ranks. But check out the details -- in the soldier drawing, Ben's adding the gun for the soldier to "protect himself", and Jon's earpiece is quite an improvisation.

3 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Wow! Thats not bad. My son at 7 still draws stick men. He simply hates drawing and I dont know how to motivate him. Just hope his talents are elsewhere.

Bkworm said...

It's so nice to see kids using their imagination at play and not stuck in front of the telly all day long.:) Your boys never cease to amaze me. Beautiful kids, you have. :D

bp said...

SAHM,
That's a first for Ben but I've not been able to coax him to draw another one, and he's back to "mommy, can you draw this (and that) for me?".

I'm sure there are many things your son's good at... just waiting to flourish. But I know what you mean about having to try and motivate our kids. Jon doesn't like to read and write and it takes a lot, including little 'bribes'/treats here and there, to motivate him, and it doesn't work all the time.

Bkworm,
Thanks. All kids and their imagination that knows no bounds... they can be such inspiration for us all, yes?

It's summer, and I am giving my two boys more telly time. The cheeky older one will even tell me if he gets to watch this show and that, he will be able to come up with better ideas!