Thursday, June 14, 2007

Daddy's little boy

Vern (to Ben): Tomorrow, daddy's going back to Singapore. So on Saturday, when you get up in the morning, don't look for me. Mommy is here.

Ben: Can you not go back to Singapore?

Vern: I have work to do there, and then I will come back.

Ben: Can I come along?

Vern: Next time when you are bigger.

Ben: I'm big already! Tomorrow I will be bigger!

Vern: Yes, tomorrow you will be one day older. Now go to sleep.

Ben, who was refusing to go to bed, immediately shut his eyes tight, believing every word his daddy has said.

Not just for Ben, and Jon, this is also one of those tomorrow's that I wish won't come so soon!

Earlier today:
Vern makes time to be with Ben during the Safety Town cookout. THE event our little boy has been looking forward to, asking his daddy every day first thing he wakes up, "Is today Thursday?"

Vern went because he knew how much a grill guy Ben is. And Ben, having daddy come along sure made his day!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to your hubby. Eh why summer liao never go back? Singapore Airlines are very cheap as of July 4th, check it out, having a special of some sort I think. But other times maybe cheaper, last year my friend got Singapore Airlines for only USD$200, family of 4 less then $1,000.

Jo said...

time will fly pass. the daddy will be home soon, very soon. And yeah... I like your new blog! A good reminder to all of us.. to go back to basics, to deal with anything in life a step at a time. *HUGS to you and the boys*

bp said...

Firehorse,
Thanks! Happy Father's Day to Kopi Lo too.

Wow, your friend must have had some really good 'lobang'. When we checked for this period -- before 4th Jul, to coincide with the husbands' official reason for going back, it was US$2,300 for each one of us!!! And it was for a different carrier, not SIA.

bp said...

Jomel,
Thanks. As you said, one day at a time, one step at a time. Hugs to you and the girls, too.

A Mature Student said...

Hopped over to your blog from Fh's.

Moving from one place to another and especially when you and the kids learn to like a place, it is hard to let go.

We have been through all that, thus I empathise with you. (Sorry if I am back-tracking to your past postings).

My cousin and her family moved to Missouri from France two summers ago and she absolutely loves it there.

Do you go to Joyce Meyer's conferences?

God bless.

bp said...

Hi Dr Ve Thru,
Thanks. I was going to look up Joyce Meyers on the net before my erm, interlude. I know, only God has the answers and I mustn't lose faith. Appreciate your coming by, and well-wishes.

Blessings to you and your family, too! There must be a lot to learn from you.