Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Slow down, don't rush

These pretty in pink dogwood couldn't have been a better reminder for me to take five! 

Here, for you to stop and smell the flowers, too :)!

Perfect pork tenderloin... 

I will also like to share this recipe for "perfect pork tenderloin"*. 
The secret to retaining the moisture in this delicious recipe must be in letting the meat continue to SLOWcook itself still in the high heat after turning off the oven. It's true, isn't it, we can't hurry through something and expect as good results.

Gotta love it also when my youngest had to tell me, "Don't rush, that's why we don't rush!", after her brother and I slipped and fell separately and phew, were ok again (I'll spare you the drama). 

Hurry up and slow down, let's remind each other to do that.


*Works for me: The high heat in this recipe translates to a shorter time the oven has to be left on. The advantage is after turning OFF the oven, I can go take care of other things. Such as heading back out with the kids for their afterschool activities, leaving the pork to continue to cook itself in the remainder oven heat. And dinner is ready just as we come home! 

I also find that this recipe works really well when you use a big slab of meat (3-4 lbs and more). That quantity is great for deliberate leftovers for another meal. Or for feeding more people when having friends over! 

No comments: