Friday, March 29, 2013

A fun Spring day in Seattle zoo

"But work is always going to be busy!" said the hubby, amidst work and more work, and the start of another busier traveling quarter.

Good thing he meant it in the Carpe diem way!

So rushed as it was, squeezing in a family roadtrip to Seattle last weekend turned out to be not such a crazy idea after all.

The kids and I had a fun day at the Woodland Park Zoo when I took them there while hubby went for his meeting! OK, so I got a bit lost, even with the help of the GPS, going around with the kids and then back for him after we were done. But guess that was all part of the day's adventure!

The day had started out cooler...
And when it warmed up, so did the kids and their energy levels!

They couldn't wait to toss their coats when the temperature rose to 52F (10C) --- and have a field day! That's "warm" to them, I didn't say me! ;p
Boy, did I run after them... Just like a mommy does, haha!

Sure we were exhausted and had our moments, and the daily grind beckoned all too soon. Yet glad at the same time we got to seize the day like that and escape the colder weather it was here for a bit!

Now if Spring's not quite blooming yet where you are, and things are also just starting to sprout where we live, HANG ON! It will come! I hope the sunshine and smiles in these quick phone shots can help brighten your day!

Have a blessed Easter coming right up!
"Spring bursts to-day,
For Christ is risen and
all the earth’s at play."
- From An Easter Carol
by Christina Rossetti

2 comments:

Stardust said...

It sounds crazy I know but just how great it worked out, the trip must have been such a soul saver! Love the smiles on the little ones, and mommy you must have had a great time.

I think we're having spring already, though no blooms yet but I'm already thankful for the warmth, now contemplating to take the little one out hopefully I won't need a .. lead? You keep having the sunshine too!

Have you gone to SAHM's? Just read her post on April fool...

Jeanene said...

So fun to see this! I came across your blog through Camille's blog "Embracing the Odyssey" and saw that you are from Eastern Washington as well! How fun, so are we! Blessings!