Thursday, January 17, 2013

Teriyaki Thursday, savor winter

This is my go-to roast chicken -- something delicious the kids agree on, even if they and I can't finish the tray by ourselves in one meal while hubby's away.

Yummy chicken thighs with bottled Teriyaki sauce... 

I left them in the oven a tad bit longer to crisp the skin.


Eldest was hungry. Younger boy sat down to draw. And I liked how youngest squeezed herself next to him -- somewhere between the bread and apples -- and came up with that quick, cute doodle of Minnie and Mickey Mouse! (There's usually a lot more noise, so this is nice for a change) ;).

Earlier, pausing during the week's busyness to savor the season's beauty...
And nice to see some sun, too! Daytime temperatures have remained BRRR!!! (below freezing, in the 20's) since after last week's heavy snowstorm. I know, I am going to make macaroni SOUP with the deliberate chicken leftovers!

No comments: