Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sunday's Sunset

Sunsets have that ooh and aah effect on me. They make me go "Thank you, Lord!"; big or small, I love them all -- and feel loved to catch them especially when I least expect it ;).

There we were on Sunday evening at this small Medical Lake. The guys were hoping for a quick bite on their lines before sundown.

As the minutes ticked by and the sun began to make its descent, I really thought it was just going to disappear behind that hill.

What a huge, blessed surprise to catch still more great beauty!

More than just the waters reflecting the trees, the clouds...

See how that blazing radiance went on to paint the skies and literally the heavens and earth RED!

WOOOOOOOOO!!! *Deep breaths*!

Thank you, Lord! He reigns!

And to you who are taking in this with me here and now, feel loved, and be blessed also :D.

The heavens declare the glory of God; 
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge. 
They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world. 
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
- Psalm 19:1-4

2 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Super awesome pics!!

Stardust said...

I'm feeling all that love, blessings, splendor, bless the Lord, bless Him back! His glories throughout the day, beautiful at every hour! And I super love your captures, see my goosebumps erected from all that beauty! You know how much I love landscapes and it's really not my time to see any now, so thank you, THANK YOU my friend. It really nourishes my soul...

So hugs.. for this especially beautiful one, my beautiful friend.