Monday, August 20, 2012

"Call me Princess-Pie"

At TJ Maxx back in June was when I stumbled on a cute pink dress in my little girl's size. There it was, the only piece, for $10. Like it was meant to be!

Even more so, I needed to know what she thought: 

"It's poofy... not too princessy!"! 

And then I knew it was a YES when she said, "I am NOT your princess, mom... I am your sweetie, sweetie-pie, right? Maybe you can call me 'princess-pie'?"! ;) 

So that was how Princess-Pie came to be *our* (hers and mine) special nickname for her!

Turning 4 this month, Li'l Miss Princess-Pie continues to love to play dressup and pretend, draw, dance and sing, and enjoys jigsaw puzzles and computer and phone games. Outdoors, she'll jump at splashing around in a lake. I love to run to race her on her princessy bike or skatescooter!

There is the growing sassiness also. That's not exactly "easy peasy" as she likes to say, when she gives me the "C'mon!", "Really?", and "Yah, yah, yah (read: whatever)!", complete with the eye-rolling ;p.

I've to admit it's a bit hard for me not to laugh still whenever she does her mini-mommy thing. Never mind that she comes across more as Ruby in "Max and Ruby" than me, every time she folds her arms and goes, "Oh, little brothers!" to her BIG brothers!

Oh, my funny bunny, who hasn't tired of Tom and Jerry cartoons. And when she imitates her favorite mouse to go "Ha-poooooo!", she ends up blowing me *kisses*, kinda!

These silly moments and her infectious giggles are just some of the little joys that brighten our days!

Thank you Lord for the adorable, delightful bundle of energy my Princess-Pie is! Go, Babe, go!

2 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

enjoy your princess-pie!! She's at that really adorable age. The best times we can have with our kids is when they are her age, while the eye-rolling and whatevers are still cute!!

Stardust said...

Little Princess Pie, even this post puts a smile on my face, I can imagine how much more you bring delight to your family, especially mom; your fav! Keep up that cutie-princess-pie personality, and keep your loved ones think of you in love.

You're so sweet, and sometimes I think it'll be just wonderful if I can have my #2 a girl. Of course, only if I've made up my mind. ;P