Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Flowerland"

The birds are chirping, the flowers are finally blooming...
It is a beautiful time of the year!

These magnolias, and tulips and daffodils...
and other pretty blooms on streets and parking lots make up what my little girl calls "Flowerland"!

I was glad to have stopped with her to gaze at them right after her preschool pickup, before picking up my pace again. This was during the warm spell earlier in the week. 

Inbetween the shuttling for school and activities, while out running errands, she also asked me to hurry up and get out of "Pastaland" already -- so we could roam the more irresistible "Icecreamland". Icecream being the last thing to go into the grocery cart, of course! ;p

"Flowerland"... don't you think that has a nice ring to it? Let's remind each other to stop in at Flowerland now and then -- to smell the flowers, have that icecream, or whistle a happy tune if that works for you, as we go about our busyness. Hopefully less frazzled. I need that :).

3 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

yes, I love flowerland. Its so nice that you all have time to stop and smell the flowers!!

Stardust said...

Thank you for this reminder dearie, and I hope you are remembering to take your deep breaths.. Let's all get to Flowerland like fishes need the water.

Thank you for coming over, with your sweetest blessings. So blessed by you dear, hugs and more hugs...

Charmaine said...

Thanks for the reminder to stop and smell the flowers. Don't do it often enough.