Sunday, April 8, 2012

Blue skies at Craters of the Moon

It was a gorgeous blue-sky day at the Craters of the Moon...
... an unusual landscape created explosively by volcanic eruptions. And thought to resemble craters of the moon, hence the name of this national monument.

The boys got to do a bit of a "Bear Grylls" -- leading and exploring the few different ways in and out of the cave-like Indian tunnel!

Meimei kept going also. The Inferno Cone (not in pic) was less of a climb -- a mound of volcanic froth a little like coffee powder, different from the rocky terrain. Still, a good feeling when we reached the top!

So glad the weather was in our favour for us to enjoy the great outdoors that speak of, no, SHOUT OUT GOD'S GREATNESS!

Blessed Happy Easter to you and yours! :)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..."
- 1 Peter 1:3



Impromptu Idaho. Bless the hubs for squeezing in this family roadtrip to the next state during our kids' weeklong spring break. We were googling for where to go while on the road! So thankful for all the fun we packed in, before hubby had to be back for more work and meetings he could not try and do remotely. 

2 comments:

Stardust said...

I love this, the smiles, the abundant blue... I feel like you've taken me on a trip, and I THANK YOU!

For one, I know I will never get to travel to the moon, there, or this one. :P

I'm finally logging in, after a nasty virus attack. Ryo is still sick though, but I'm taking him out for some Spring air tomorrow I hope... Here's wishing you a beautiful Spring!

stay-at-home mum said...

Really looks like a beautiful, beautiful place to visit.