Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Seeing red... and gold, my fave hues

I'm talking about the fall colours, of course...
littering the ground with many a red carpet...
and painting the town red!

I caught these lovely reds at the start of last week, while out running errands in-between the schoolruns and trying not to work myself up into a sweat with housework -- before our friend Jac came and stayed with us during her visit to this part of the States.

Then together, we took in more reds, and lots and lots of yellows, too -- mostly with Meimei's help to show her around. Hubby was away on a worktrip after Jac's first day here. One of the evenings our boys after school, also took her for a jog on a trail, and I got a workout, too, from pushing Meimei up the slopes on her trike ;p.

Jac was a natural in front of the camera...
Tasked with being her "personal photographer", I took many more pictures of her with the colours. So glad they held out for us to enjoy them together! The leaves are looking more dried up now, and the trees are balding as I write this.

After the children and I saw Jac off, we were also blessed with their St Louis "grandparents" dropping by, en route to catch their flight back. Turned out to be a bit of an STL weekend; I was wearing my red Cardinals t-shirt after the Cards' 11th World Series win, and hubby himself also got to catch up with some old friends where he was :).

He eventually came back on a later flight yesterday, in time for us to take the kids trick-or-treating together. Of course the hubs has all his work to dive right back into...
And I also have more than just the washed laundry I did religiously last week but had bagged them up like leaves to get on with. It's a new week, and another busy, busy month...

Blessed November to you and yours now!

4 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

I love the fall colours!! And your shots capture them so well! I want to see you trick-or-treat photos. Cant wait! Have a blessed week!

bp said...

Thanks Sahm, I've noted your photo request to come back to it, as not got round to rest of many more camera pics than these, and with Meimei and her cold, we're feeling under the weather, too.

bp said...

Becs, thanks for your kind words and sharing. In my excitement (pleasantly surprised to hear from u here), I clicked the wrong link, but managed to retrieve your comments as follows

What beautiful pics! Autumn has always been my favourite season...hmm.. not that I have ever experienced it but I love the color of the foliage. I remember when I was just a teenager, I wanted to go to Virginia to study just because I was so captivated by the fall pictures of that place. Crazy huh? LOL!! The weekend's coming up soon.. have a blessed time with your family. God bless!

Stardust said...

Beautiful beautiful colors dear, thank you for sharing this one for I've missed the best part of autumn this year. It's all happening on my head though, I think I need a wig soon.

Glad that you had some catch up with Jac. It;s nice to meet up with friends isn't it? I haven't met up with anyone yet since my return. Excuse : no hand leh. ANd my friends rebutted : do you need a hand to meet us? Am I just acting like a recluse or what?

Maybe, it's my hair lah. :P