Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Autumn Mix

The colours are here! And I am catching them on the go...

On errands, schoolruns, and also while out knocking on doors with the children over the weekend -- to try and sell popcorn for one son's scout troop and another son's cubscout pack!

Take five... taking in the lovely hues during the busyness of the day; look how the golds pop!

For how quickly seasons, and seasons of our lives, come and go, I'm reminded also to savour and appreciate what is in front of us!

"O taste and see that the LORD is good:
blessed is the man that trusts in him."
- Psalm 34:8

Taste the goodness
That's our autumn-coloured salad (haha!) -- before tossing it with an asiany sauce...

And fried rice, with meat I'd cooked ahead...

as time was tight. Had to whip these up quickly -- after getting the children home from one afterschool activity to get them homework-ed and fed (a snack in this case, other times dinner) to head back out again.

The salad and rice were what we brought to that fall potluck, where Jon moved a little bit up the foodchain in Scout-dom, and also earned a few more merit badges.

Enjoy yourself, I told him; he has a third campout since school started (one with the school, and other two with the troop)! :)


Such one-pot meals, and slowcooked soups and stews, are what I'm making/making ahead for our dinner more and more, not just on these busier schoolnights of hurrying with the kids from one thing to another. But also to help me be less frazzled and hopefully more organized.


Also telling myself, no matter how "mixed up" (not-on-top-of-things) our days may be, to taste God's goodness and bask in His grace. That is not about what we do or try to do.

HAPPY FALL!

1 comment:

Stardust said...

I sense your busyness without you telling, am missing your news on FB. Hoping that meimei is blending well into school though poor mommy is working harder on trips. A cub is all I have but I'm making meals ahead too! :P Know what a good job you've been doing so far, Jon's merit badges should go to you. :P

Hugs and Happy Fall too dear.