Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh, sweet... and funny!

Spring is rolling by fast, and the end of the schoolyear is chockful of events, and still more fun activities to come, besides the usual ones. 


At the second smaller concert, held in school this time, we spotted Jon right away ;). Kait and I also joined her brothers at the school's walkathon-fundraiser. She happily trailed behind Ben -- and especially his 2.5 feet long licorice, whilst also following in his footsteps to give up her nap (why did I bother to bring the stroller) as he did even earlier last time.


I thought it was sweet and funny that the feisty gal would still wish me "happy mother's day!" now. Until the eldest pointed out to me the pattern: Haven't you noticed, she says it whenever you trip over her toys (translate: to avoid getting herself in trouble with this mom)?!


Kinda like when she's also quite quick to say "I'm sorry!" to her other brother, when she sees a Time Out coming. Own up to her naughtiness first -- to try and get out of being isolated for two whole minutes!


I don't think CHEEKY is enough to describe my three kids and such moments that make me not know to laugh or cry! Of course if I laugh, I'd better use my discretion not to laugh out TOO loud!


Here, help me keep this short and sweet, erm more like funny, you'll see what I mean...


At the supermarket, in the meat section that reeks, the youngest asks me tongue-in-cheek:
Eeewww... Who farted?!!


(Meimei gets full credit for her supermarket joke; her brothers were not there. At 2 3/4 yo, she understands more about responsibility than her "not me, it's them" fibs before this. No, it isn't the chair's fault that this littlest of our jumping monkeys fell and landed on the grass, but she is still at that sweet young age when she can get away with being quite funny -- even when she is pouting, has one hand on her hip, and grumbles, "I am ANGRY with Chair!"! ;p


I am of course thankful for her innocence in such moments. Also enjoyed her "I am baby dinosaur, you are mommy dinosaur, let's go RRROARRR at Jon!" scheme -- that worked just the way she had planned it. Also 'coz Jon played along. It was a precious moment when he said to let me have the last piece of pear, actually my only one; she agreed, and it was sweet more than funny when she piped up with her "happy mother's day!" then).

5 comments:

Stardust said...

Aww... it's all sweet and funny like u said, I don't know whether to laugh or cry too!! This precious innocence! I wonder how long will she be using the 'Happy mother's day'!

Meimei, shh.. the meat farted.

bp said...

Thanks, Stardust! Precious, so precious is the sweet innocence!

Stardust said...

Yay! The pictures are finally loading! You think meimei will give her Mother's day greeting till Christmas? :P

Sandy Hayashi said...

Hi!

We are huge fans of Back to Basics over at Glam Media! We’re one of the top 10 online media companies in the US and would love for you to help pilot our new Family Blogging Community, slated to launch in the coming months.

If you’re interested in making valuable connections with Moms like you, please contact me about joining this community we’re building.

Cheers,

Sandy Hayashi
Community Partners Editor
Glam Media
sandyh@glam.com

slavemom said...

Oh how nice... it's Happy Mother's Day for u EVERYDAY. :D