Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When ice is not nice

Last Fri morning was sooo icy...

The husband slipped and fell on the driveway -- more than we had other times before on the sidewalks. Good thing he could pick himself up despite sliding like that, PHEW!

Separately, I skidded and rammed crashed into the kerb at the bend -- and thankfully nothing else, even before making it out of our street with the children!

Like a chain reaction, he did the same after that, at that same bend a little behind me! Imagine that!

For our safety, the boys stayed home from school that day.

As it turned out, our wheels, not the snow tyres per se, were more compromised than we thought.

I want so bad to go "Stupid ice!" over the repair$$$!

But I feel really bad too as it was also my bad partly! :(

Here goes my one. more. SSSIGHHH!!!

And I need to MOVE ON... after this...
Stoopid ice!

Just need to get that out of my system!

10 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Darn ice! ... I hope I helped you get it out of the system. No more slippery ice for you or Vern and no more slipping, ok?

We had mad weather yesterday, and the same predicted for today. Rained and stopped, poured and stopped, and it went on for the WHOLE day!Sigh. (I also want it out of my system. CNY is supposed to be hot and dry, not?

bp said...

Thanks SAHM, that sure helped me, you did! And no more skidding... can't believe how much the repairs came to, I feel really bad for Vern's wallet also, not a good time either for these expenses.

Darn crazy weather, seems like it could not make up its mind! I sure hope you'll have a sunny, happy CNY with just the right weather to go visiting in!

Blur Mommy said...

*Hugs* Glad that at least no one got hurt. Yeah, the weather is so crazy! It has been a crazy cold winter. Hopefully that last cold spell was the last cold spell of the winter. As much as I love snow, the snow & ice is really getting old this season. :)

About the bak kua, check out this link: http://crazymommy.weblogs.us/2011/01/21/homemade-bbq-pork-jerky-bak-kwa/

She made it using oven. It will probably not be as fragrant as the grilled ones but it is still doable. Check it out. :)

sting said...

and here we are wishing we could experience snow and ice :-)

hoping you have a sunny (well, as sunny as it could get) CNY!!

Stardust said...

STOOPID ICE!

His angels in the car too I pray, all the time and defy what's dangee. Let's take it slow.

It's good to take it from the system! :)

slavemom said...

Phew... luckily no one got hurt.
It's Stoopid Ice over there and Stoopid Rain over here. hehehe I jes hate the timing. When I need to fetch my girl from sch, it'll rain cats n dogs. Coz gotta walk a bit from sch to the car. Luckily it doesn't happen often. But compared to ur situation, this is such a small matter. So I'd better not complain. :)

bp said...

BM,
Thanks, I am starting my countdown to spring already... too soon?!

Thanks for sharing this other bak-kwa link, appreciate it :)

Sting,
Thanks. I hope you'll have some fun with ice, iceskating maybe? and snow, too, the fun stuff, not the backbreaking shovelling ;p!

Stardust,
Thanks, and Amen to your safety prayer. You stay safe and warm also!

Slavemom,
It's ok, hopefully it's not too rainy and navigating those big puddles can also be really tricky... knowing how little kids just like to jump in and out of them! ;p

Jo said...

Real stoopid the ice!!

But safety is most important. So, at least your tyre is now very safe for the (icy) roads again. :)

bp said...

Jo,
Safety first, you're right. Btw, it's not one but two wheels... just think, one of us could have flown back for CNY and possibly still have change left over to buy my fave kuih bangkit! Stoopid ice for the last time!!!

Jo said...

OmG! That expensive ah!! STOOOPID Ice, one for the road! :D