I plugged in the vacuum cleaner, and Kait went and put on her red winter hat.
She grabbed the duster, and I went and grabbed my phone for a quick picture of my jolly little elf! ;p
And like a reminder to myself to keep a positive attitude going about my regular chores and more to do this time of year!
And...
"LOOK, IT'S CHRISTMAS!" gasped an animated Ben -- when finally, finally up went our tree and on came the lights!!!
"YAY, Christmas!" Kait was bubbling over with excitement, too -- and leaning over her stool, one of her makeshift ladders to help her get a better look!
Jon was beaming as well, whilst still hanging up his lovely made-in-Sunday-School ornaments from previous years I've kept -- to help us keep Christ in Christmas!We've also got those plastic, shatter-proof ornaments, besides a few school and homemade ones. Plus three stocking-stands spelling out J - O -Y, among our merry touches older and new.

And it's always a joyful moment for me as a mom, to see the children's faces lit up like this -- when our tree came aglow!
May Christmas never lose its lustre on us. That we'll approach it with such childlike joy -- over God who said "Let there be light!" in the beginning, and sent us Jesus, His only Son, the Joy to the world for eternity.
***
Besides joy, this mom had better also be thinking peace (and harmony), and love, love is patient, love is kind... To one child's question (prompted by the stockings stand) of what joy is, I actually told all three children that it means them having to try and not call each other names or throw a tantrum or fight whenever they can't agree. As much as it means me their mommy having also to try and not scream whenever they scream. You can guess I am pretty worn out to have to tell it to them like this!
Joy, the husband pointed out, also includes me not carried away with those DIY touches to gifts I enjoy adding but at the expense of sleep, and especially with all the interrupted sleep still. A less cranky mom also means joy for her children!
But no, it's not because the boys' schoolbreak just started that the three kids like to go "Moooommmm!!!" a lot! Yes, I am learning to shelve the stuff that can wait -- to keep the holiday (and everyday) stress in check.
(Pictures added to post).


3 comments:
Aww... looking forward to that photo of Kait in the red hat. I am sure she looks all pretty-pie! And the little ones sure bring lots of joy!
Wishing you all the joy, love and patience that you need this Christmas season and in the coming year! Have a Blessed Christmas!
Woah! Christmas tree!! Guess what, I've done nothing for Christmas this year. :P
The kids' smiles are most endearing, and they lent their hands! May Christmas never lose its lustre in every hearts, and that childlike joy remains indeed.. You too honey, go have fun like a free bird and forget about those responsiblities that can wait. Sometimes joy just doesn't wait up for us.
Merry Christmas Sweetie, and thank you for being you this year.
Merry Christmas to u and ur lovely family, bp!
Post a Comment