On the ship, Jon shared a room with grandma. Ben and Kait were with Vern and me, and Kait's was the usual co-sleeping because of her nursing-on-demand still and our interrupted sleep. But see that monkey?


Not the one hanging from that top bunk, trying to bunk in with us also! But the towel version that Pirate Ben was holding onto. Our copycat of the bigger monkey, put together by the cabin staff, that added a nice, whimsical touch to our stay! :)
It wasn't always smoothsailing though. The ebb and flow and highs and lows of family life travelled with us onto the high seas. There were the usual chaos and challenges of restraining the children, especially when their monkeying around got out of hand. I'm also not the cruise person that my MIL is. And the choppy waters and our different wavelengths knew how to get to an exhausted me :(. Was up till late nights in a row to pack our luggage, clean house and tie up loose ends. But it was hard to relax when the busy husband brought along his work to do (read: this wife had better get the children out of his hair)!No wonder then it's the saner
moments I always crave for. But I'll have to wait till later to share our other favourite things from this adventure. What I got to be thankful for, that it wasn't all work and no play.Hoo hoo, ha ha...
Right now trying not to let the three jumping monkeys turn the house or me upside down. I'm into the third laundry load with a fourth one to do next, and need to get organized again. Plus some decisions to make about our summer plans when Vern gets back from his out-of-town work trip.
Hang on for my update!

6 comments:
{{HUGS}} I understand how tough it must be for you, with 3 young children. {{More hugs}} I am also glad you managed to get away ... but it truly (sorry for using this word) sucks when the hubs bring work when on vacation. My did too on our recent trip to Kyoto. Some times I just feel that if work cant wait, then why go? Coz we dont get the full benefits of the family vacation. Coz the Mum usually ends up with no break having to take care of everything ... and the OB markers at home dont seem to come into play when on vacation, and the children can ACT UP or "monkey around" even more! But ... what can we say or do? Anyway, {{even more Hugs}} hope you are feeling on top of the world now that you are back from vacation and getting more shut-eye!
SAHM, thanks v much for all your hugs and for understanding. I also agree with what you said earlier that with young children, we do have to adjust our expectations of a hol, and also if the hubs has his work to do at the same time (oh, i dread that you bet, but this was his idea and MIL's pick and i tried to go with the flow). I wasn't expecting to get away from it all, though some parts did make me feel like I can really use another break! But must really thank God also for the saner moments here and there to keep me sane! BIG HUGS back for u, my dear!
p.s. there's still the stress and losing sleep over our other plans. have to decide if we can proceed or not.
Really hats off to you for being able to juggle everything so well, albeit being stressed even on a holiday. I do understand though my kids are so big already (one is an adult, for goodness sake!).It's never an easy thing to balance everything and make sure that WSS comes home to an orderly house so that he can continue working at home after dinner each night and not be disturbed.
Try to take deep breaths in between your many responsibilities. You must take care of yourself too, yah!
Hugs.
(((+Adding hugs))) You've worked so hard gal, even on a play trip. Just glad that whatever tough is over for the time being, and hope that you're recovering needed rest fast. May what remains of the trip be soley the sweet memories, like that towel monkey, how original, ha!
Don't forget to breathe in breathe out while catching up on the backlog. One thing at a time.. know that tasks are definitely clearing up as you tackle them one by one, don't be too hard on yourself. Hugs again..
Yes, I understand too, Bp! For your kids are even younger and harder to manage and control than mine, simply because of their ages. But hang in there.. it will get easier! *BIG HUGS*
Meanwhile, I look forward to reading more about your favourite things from the cruise adventure! :)
WTT, Stardust, and Jo,
Thanks for coming by with your support and encouragement, it means a lot to me. Thank you also for bearing with me, thru my ups and downs... gets quite crazy the relentless childcare among other things. But must try and stay positive and sane, yah! My hugs for you gals, too!
Post a Comment