'Twas a windy morning when we hopped over to the neighbourhood Easter egghunt, over as soon as it started 'coz the little and not-so-little ones worked fast! Why egg? Why bunny? Ben asked me.

Egg = new life, Jesus died for us and came back to life. I spoke off the top of my head.
And the bunny, bunnies hopping around this time of year... they are part of the new life! (We've not seen them in this part of the States though).
Still making some sense when I said that. Then, I added...
Bunnies and eggs... bunnies lay eggs!
BUNNIES LAY EGGS??? Jon thought I had gone half insane!
He wasn't wrong, you know. It's been a haphazard week with three energy-packed children and my half-done chores. Springbreak for the boys, and the little girl just wanted in on all the fun, silliness, and nonsense, too -- rather than nap. Every other day, overstimulated and she crashes too close to dinner. But 20 min is enough to give her the second wind to stay up till past midnight. Eggs-tra tiring, and she's still waking up several times, not near sleeping through the night yet.
The children had a basketful of little joys when they combined their finds.


The boys, still in their coats, got cracking on them faster than anything I tried to get them to do all week -- outside of playing and eating. My simple reward scheme to encourage them to be responsible and helpful was exploited along these lines: "I (should) get a point for brushing my teeth!" and "I'm not going to help you move the furniture (for the vacuuming) if you don't give me a marble first!".


Parenting tip: Don't underestimate what a little treat can do. My problem: I tend to overdo it!
Lots more housework for me to play catch-up, and the children's different needs and wants to learn to deal with. Work will always beckon, but I guess there's a reason why there's just 24h in a day.
Now here's why Easter is the best thing that happened:
Jesus is alive, and God's love is new every morning!
Have a blessed one!
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!
In his great mercy he has given us new birth
into a living hope through the resurrection of
Jesus Christ from the dead...
~ 1 Peter 1:3
A different egg, some quail's eggs (I hardboiled) and frozen fishballs, clam meat, and cuttlefish (squid) were my happy finds at a "new" Korean grocery store. They went into this one-pot wonder, steamboat style never mind simplified, that I cooked on the stovetop instead.


There's more going on in a pot like this than my usual, mostly one meat-one veg with one carbo dinners on schoolnights. We enjoyed it with noodles in the soup.
Homecooked food -- and it doesn't have to be fancy, can be really comforting, the constant in the chaos. Food talks, yeah :).
(I'm sorry if you came by for this earlier posting. I took it down to add pictures, etc, but only just got round to finishing it).

9 comments:
Happy Easter!! New life, new hope!
Also, Let's hope Kait starts sleeping longer during the day and thru the nite!
SAHM, thanks for catching this post on Easter. New life, new hope, you've said it so well. Thanks also for your wellwishes! God bless!
Hey, even if it is an outdated post of yours, i stumbled upon it, and just to wish you a big God bless before i zoom out of here,,
Aww... Easter's over, but here's hoping that it has been a good one. Hugs.. LOVE your hot pot, sliuk, the sight warms me up instantly. ;) Loving Kait's shots as usual, the one carrying basket, always a darling to look at. =)
Love ur 1-pot wonder. So many variety n looks so appetising. Can always count on u to prepare a delicious n nutricious homecooked meal.
you crack me up on "rabbit lays eggs!" Like the children, I STILL don't really understand the association of rabbit with Easter...
btw, the steamboat looks good! I still remember the steamboat fun we had at Corrine's place a few years ago.
Eugene,
Thanks for your *God bless*, and here's one back to you, too!
Stardust,
Thanks. Did u guess that I sit where the red chilli is? Like cheap thrill for me when I found them in the frozen section, and cost a reasonable $2+ for a small bag, hehe!
Slavemom,
Thanks, I love soups but for how much there is to try and fit into a regular schoolday, i don't usually make them during the week, and if i get to a simple enough one, the soup = the one veg! so, this big pot with more variety was a nice treat :).
Mandy,
i don't know how that just came out of my mouth, guess i was dogtired, and Jon thot i had gone bonkers! i miss those good old times, it'll be wonderful if we somehow can all meet up again!
You know what? I actually went out to buy the ingredients for Steamboat the other day after reading this post. Hehehehe...Just had this great craving for steamboat.
Nomadic Mom,
haha, i'm sure your steamboat must be really yummy! i have the same craving a lot, hehe!
Post a Comment