A pair of turkeys fun for children to draw... Ben worked on these in school with the teacher's help to trace the outline of his hands.
At home, he drew another one, and Jon, too. And I asked them to each name a few things they are thankful for -- and write on the fingers that made up the bird's tail-fan (below).


And it was really nice, when separately, they both included...
not just
COMPUTER GAMES
but also
ONE ANOTHER and KAIT... awww! With all the sibling rivalry day in day out, I was afraid they stopped recognizing how important they are in each other's lives.
In the morning, not quite done with breakfast, the little girl is raring to go and joins her brothers to shoot hoops -- indoors...


And the boys are fighting with me over the low basket height, that's Kait-friendly, and more importantly, a safer distance from the windows, picture frames, and a mirror on the wall. Why do I even allow it? They have so much energy; the crazy things my kids drive me to do or let them do. But I tell you, this is so much milder compared to one boy jumping on the couch with a hula-hoop and daring the other boy to slam-dunk his way through the floor!
Another turkey Ben brought home from school earlier, as homework for the family:

OK, so I remembered the wattle, but got a bit carried away with the leaves Jon picked up to help in the project. (It's a turkey, mom, not a ...)!
But it is Thanksgiving, specially to give thanks for the bounty in our lives, and also for everyday things such as these:
The slam-dunks and the boo-boos...
the saner moments and crazier ones...
and the semblance of order we try and achieve with daily routines, though more likely -- and it is the case in our home -- there's more chaos. Because many things and our lives themselves are works in progress. And the (growing) physical messes I've not found time and energy for.
All part of the family life, crazy as it is, and my family whom I love very much -- I thank God for. Also, our loved ones back home, and dear friends old and new. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Fun fact: Incidentally, Mayflower was the company we used, moving from St Louis to Spokane.

5 comments:
Kait is so cute^^
Awwwww. So sweet of the boys to include each other and Kait. I wonder what my boys would write down if I ask them to list the things that they are thankful for....
The hand-printed turkeys r cool! And ur home proj for the boys r vy meaningful.
I can totally relate to crazy stunts from the kids. My girl asked didi to sit on her. And the boy jumped onto her stomach while she was lying down. Fun for them but mommy freaked out. :|
It's a turkey, mom, not a...?
Pardon my suaku-ness, is turkey that plump and big in US? =P We have no turkey here, I don't even see whole chicken around!
Ok, we've moved, I've survived the move (read:nightmare). Tell me : How did you manage to handle ALL THAT!
Hail BP!
Just let me say you are truly an extraordinary woman shaped by the Great, and an inspiration that helped me carry on whenever I was about to wail in the mess pile. Yes, you were 'here' with me. Thank God for you, HUGS...
Kelvin, thanks n it's nice of u to dropg by!
NM, do give it a try. i was relieved, to be honest, that my boys didn't rule one another out. i believe there are such "awww" moments with your boys, too!
SM, thanks, n i know just what u mean... my boys were also jumping on each other, pretending to be hurdles, with meimei right in the middle of it all... gd thing no one was squashed!
Stardust, thanks for the update, i've been thinking of u n wondering how your move went! yay, u n Bear did it, and just in time for your first Christmas there, i'm excited for u! praise God for His goodness and grace that takes us one day at a time, all hail King Jesus! thanks for thinking of me n u always say the sweet things! (but hey, cannot hail me. n i need to let u know that there are more messes n unopened boxes i have not got round to. but it's ok, coz we r all human, right? ok, but i need to get to them some day... n this is my new resolution: simplify, one container at a time)! big hugs for u, sis!
Post a Comment