Thursday, November 5, 2009

Colour Fast

The season is going by quickly...

See the discolouration in these leaves I picked up one morning:Photo1193Photo1195
Other leaves continued to hang without changing colour, or have fallen faster than normal. All these, due to the hard freeze last month, are what the local papers reported as "subpar" colours for the Inland Northwest this year. And for awhile now, there'll be days that start off with below 0C temps, that explains the icy leaf edges and frost on the grass. The first snow, albeit a light one, had also made its appearance a week ago.

But subpar or not, the foliage is at its prettiest -- to me, it always is, in fall. And blogged, the colours get to make a lasting impression, so to speak, than many leaves already fallen off the trees by now.

There are other snippets of the season and our daily lives that are nice to capture here, only, I'm caught up to get round to them. Family life is busy, with the usual chaos and more, and new issues besides the old, to juggle. But as they say, the days may be long, but the years are short.

7 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

yes, the season IS going QUICKLY, indeed, and thanks for sharing with us.

Guess days must be getting shorter now, with the sun setting earlier. Enjoy the early nites, and pack the children off to bed early, and then you can have your much needed rest. I hope Kait's sleeping is more regular now.

Take care

Stardust said...

The frost edges reds seem to hint Christmas! and yikes, your place must freeze more than mine! Here's sending thoughts and wish for peace as the year winds up... Hoping kids, things, everything alike get better, and having more to smile at. Warm hugs.

bp said...

SAHM, Stardust, thanks always for caring, warm hugs for u too! SAHM - still working on all of that, and lil girl wakes up every 2 to 3h still.

Anonymous said...

Hi BP,
Thanks for your update .... I've been thinking about you ... I'll email you when I have some down time. Take care, glad you are enjoying the season. Its been raining tons here in Portland this week!
-fay

bp said...

dear fay, thanks for dropping by, i've been thinking of u, too. hugs n blessings to the 4W's!

Jo said...

beautiful hues of fall. I agree, fall has the prettiest colours. But I prefer springtime. :)

bp said...

jo, it's a toss-up between the hues and the blooms, how not to love 'em all? aren't we romantics at heart?!