Trying out your suggestions, I did go on to be a walking
"Bo bian" (no choice, as we say in Hokkien), swaddling her strait-jacket style does not work to keep her in slumber mode. Plus, she's giving me, in the day also, not just in the night, the "put me down, I'll cry; pick me up, and maybe I'll take a snooze" treatment, babies are infamous for.
So, anything to help her get some shuteye. That was my main concern, that when I added up the minutes here and there she was sleeping, she wasn't getting enough for a little one her age.
And it's true, quality rest in the day begets better sleep in the night. With this, and the "tanking up" feeds before sleep (different from my just succumbing to being Human Pacifier all throughout the night, nursing her earlier, and the boys last time), I'm beginning to see some results... yay!
Thankful for the progress made, and not wanting her to get too used to being in the sling, I went back to cradling her today. Do hope with time, she'll be better at self-soothing.
Meanwhile, baby steps now!
Bedtime reads
For those who like to read more on the topic of sleep for babies,
- Fay has come across "Babywise" by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam
- Priscilla finds "Save our Sleep" by Tizzie Hall useful.
One of these is ready for me to pick up from the library. Thanks, gals!

6 comments:
That's one million-dollar smile!
So Sweetie is baptised!! I smiled when I learnt that she's finally showing improvement in her sleep pattern! YAY!! Praise the Lord, things ARE really getting better!! And sweeter!!
Good job BP! I think letting her self-soothe can't be a bad thing, so you get some decent rest yourself after all these months. Again, don't push yourself too hard. Take care since it's getting cold(((WARM HUGS)))
So good to hear an update, BP. I was just thinking about you and wondering how things are going after your MIL had left. I'm praying that your day to day living will fall into a rhythm soon. So glad to hear the progress on Kait's sleeping. I hope you're getting a little more rest too ....
Also, I just wanted to give you a head up about the Babywise book. Some parts of it may seem pretty extreme (even for me!), so take it with a grain of salt, and pick out the parts that you think will work for you, your baby & your family. The authors are Christian, even though they may not explicitly say so.
Take care, I'm thinking and praying for you.
-fay
Stardust,
Thanks, and thanks always for your prayers! WARM HUGS for you too, and God bless!
Fay,
Thanks for checking in, that tanking up method has started giving me, finally(!), 3 to 4h of sleep in the nights this week... so grateful! As for the book, thanks for the additional info. I pray you and the guys are nicely settled into your new routine now =)
Oooh... I really love her and her smiles!!! Now, I do not mind taking care of her at all (pursuant to my earlier comment).. heheheh
Great news that there's improvement in her night sleep. And that means better rest for u too. Things shud oni get better from here. ;)
Jomel,
Settled then... you're no.1 on my babysitting list, hehe! But you know, I don't know if we will ever get round to hiring a babysitter... and especially now with Kait, I really don't think so.
Slavemom,
Some nites can still be quite crazy, but I really must count my blessings. Thanks!
Post a Comment