Monday, June 9, 2008

Splish... Splash... SPLOSH!!!

Over the weekend, our boys with their daddy...

took "Splish! Splash!" one level up, to...

Splish...
May 08 ix 127

Splash... SPLOSH!!!
May 08 ix 106 May 08 ix 107

And that was quite a plunge they took there! Not just for this water ride (above), but the other "Roaring Falls" one (below) that Ben and Jon enjoyed so very much, they went back for it again, and again!

Ready, Set...
May 08 ix 067 May 08 ix 068

PLUNGE!!!
May 08 ix 069 May 08 ix 070

Not surprisingly, because of the SUPER BIG SPLASH at the end of the 'dive' from supposedly five storeys high!
May 08 ix 322

Which created that pretty rainbow effect!
May 08 ix 323

Refreshing? You bet!
May 08 ix 327

And so much so, that after the last of the rides, both boys were game to just wait at the platform/viewing deck, to be splashed at, all over again!!!
May 08 ix 331

This is probably the closest we get to experience a HUGE WAVE here in Missouri, where there isn't a real beach anywhere close by, unlike back in Singapore!

Shioooook?!!
May 08 ix 353

Ben to his daddy: "This is better than a bath!"!
May 08 ix 356 May 08 ix 357

And see the big smiles on our boys' faces?
May 08 ix 065 May 08 ix 064

I'm glad we squeezed in this impromptu trip to Branson, that's almost a 5-hour drive away, where this "Celebration City" is located. Though not a big theme park, it worked for us wonderfully, especially since Jon and Ben just met the height requirements for the kid-friendly rides. Jon was able to ride on his own for those bigger kids' rides, and Ben, to be accompanied for rides that had he been a wee bit shorter, he wouldn't have been able to take!

Me? With nearly everything, even the Ferris Wheel, off-limits to preggies, I wasn't the least bit soaked through... hehe! Can you guess what was one ride then, that I did take with the boys, among other fun rides they enjoyed? (More on that later)!

Most of the time, I was happily clicking away! And for those who asked to know (and see) how I've grown, that's a big me -- trying to duck the boys, to stay dry!
May 08 ix 337 May 08 ix 352

Jon the fashion maven...
didn't have to tell me, "Mommy, you are so round and F-A-T". And he spelt out the word "fat", not say it! Amazing, how he already seems to know females are allergic to hearing it!

He happens to also think I should "wear tighter clothes" -- his idea of a hot mama (?), instead of the non-maternity ones like this babydoll top (from Walmart's young adults' section), part of my budget-friendly wardrobe, that's worked... so far! ;p

Seriously now, with the little one coming in two months, a weekend getaway like this is great, as don't think I should venture far.

Back here...
This week, we are adjusting to a new schedule as Jon starts a "playground camp" today, an affordable summer programme in our neighbourhood that's all about play, no academic stuff at all! That, he likes!

Ben isn't warming up as well though, to the safety town program for younger kids that also just started. He had a big meltdown on the way to the program premises, and I ended up staying with him throughout the 2-hour session.

It's back to shuttling to and fro, and more juggling of time, as the daily programmes run a shorter duration than Jon's and Ben's usual full-day and half-day school. What I like is that these activities are giving the boys something productive to do, and lessening their "sparring" moments!

13 comments:

Bengbeng said...

oh goodness, Benghui wanted to go to this place.i explained Missouri is a very far place :)

stay-at-home mum said...

My, my Ben is soooooo BRAVE to go on that 5 storey ride!! I am sure it was fun, I want to go on it tooo!!

With the baby coming in 2 months -you dont really big - eat more!! I like big babies - they are just easier to carry, bathe and they tend to sleep better. Hey! and yes, just buy whatever clothes you fancy. Some of the maternity ones look really yucky. That baby doll top makes you look young and trendy. Wish I could send you my maternity clothes and breast feeding tops. it seems such a waste to throw them away, coz I have no one to pass them to!!

Take care!!

Bkworm said...

Hi BP!! Just popping by to say hello. I haven't been updating my blog but I have been reading yours...faithfully. :) Maybe we can chat on skype again soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you look GREAT! Still so slim. And, so energetic. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yeeee.. you are almost term and don't even look pregnant!! I jeles!! :D

So fast your Jon knows the right thing to say to women!!

Sorry, the photos I have not uploaded to my album yet. Busy packing to go home!! I'll be back end July, hopefully the photos will be up then!! Don't forget to announce the arrival of your lil princess if she's early, ya!

slavemom said...

Wow.. that was really 'syiok' and 'chi kek'! No wonder ur boys loved it so much. Can c them dancing ard with joy. :)
Hey, u don't look BIG at all. Or the clothes can hide vy well. hehehe

bp said...

Bengbeng,
Hehe! Tell Benghui even for us here, I think 5 hours to drive to this theme park is already quite far! ;p

SAHM,
Ben couldn't be happier that these rides weren't off-limits to him. Thanks for your concern, if the first 2 pregnancies are a good indication, there's still room for growth, I'll be growing some know! ;p I know what you mean that bigger babies are easier to handle... both Jon and Ben were of a nice size when they were born, and I hope it will be so with no. 3 also. Me being a little creative with my wardrobe now; had given away my maternity wear and baby stuff a long time ago.

Bkworm,
Hope you're doing great, I will try and catch you on the other platforms when I can.

Viv, Kat,
You are being overly kind with your words. There are those who just by looking at our photos, have told me how humungous I've grown! Wait till they see me later, I'm growing, still growing! Hehe!

Kat - Re: my email, the existing pictures all work fine, you don't need to upload the rest, I have bothered you enough. You have a wonderful trip back home!

Slavemom,
Kids like stuff like this, don't they, whereas for grown-ups like me, as I get older, I have less tolerance for the "chi-kek" rides... lao liao!

It's probably the clothes! ;p

tasy said...

*plunging into the water too*

wow! that was surely great! But heck, I dare only to dream on getting my butt up on that ride, not like daring myself to really doing it! Why ah? Old age, I think, not so much guts left in me.

Not really sure what I'm planning to do when we are in Disneyland HK end of this year. Come to think of it, it could be a waste of money.

Now, about that ride you took with your boys, can it be those slow moving train rides that goes like choo.... choo.... choo.... choo.....?? That could very well be me with my kids too!

Have a nice day!

Stardust said...

Ahhh! I can almost feel the waters! This is a FUN post! Bet your boys really felt SHIOK!

I kept laughing after reading Ben's remark, unbelievably cute! However, I seriously don't think that you are fat at all! Thrilled when I know that baby is arriving in 2 months, that's a lot to look forward to! Wow... meanwhile, stay blessed and safe in the Lord.

To the pretty mama, e-kiss!

sting said...

more water!! hahaha! the boys sure3are having lots of fun ya :-)

JK said...

Looks fun and you are right, an outing like that before the baby arrives is great.

So, the baby is coming in 2 months, meaning August? You take care, BP.

Here's a tag for you if you want to do it.

http://www.lovechildrenright.com/2008/06/tribute-to-dad-and-mom.html

Yan said...

August? So soon? It seems like only yesterday that we heard of the good news! Chris is an August boy. Then, I would have another celebrations in August.

Happy Fathers' Day to the daddy of Ben and Jon, and hubby of bp.

Take care, bp. I am standing tip-toe to the new arrival!

bp said...

Gargies,
Good guess! And hehe, I know what you mean that some rides may not be that appealing.

Have fun in Disneyland HK later on... I'm sure you and your family, and the kids especially, will find something you'll enjoy! =)

Stardust,
*blow a kiss back to you*

Sting,
Haha! Water, dirt/mud... stuff that goes with kids, and boys!

Jo-N,
Thanks, will look up that tag!

Yan,
Yes, Aug, and thanks for your well-wishes! Here's also wishing you and your family a great Happy Father's Day! Besides Chris, my husband is also born in Aug!