Saturday, June 14, 2008

Like father, like sons

May 08 ix 473

Above: At Ripley's "Believe It Or Not" Museum, the other place we visited in Branson last weekend, the boys getting a kick out of comparing their shoe sizes with that of the tallest man, after seeing their daddy do it first (inset)!




It's Father's Day! Wishing all dads a great time with your family -- our own dad who inspires us, and also the dad of our children who inspires them -- to be just like Daddy, and much more!

From my own dad, I know that fathers never stop worrying about their children, no matter how big we've grown. And well, it's in my genes, worrying. Yet my Pa's latest fatherly advice to me was, "Don't worry, be happy!" =)!

And for the busy people that fathers are, don't we love and appreciate them even more when they carve out time for the family?

I am especially thankful for the doting dad that Vern is to Jon and Ben, and do like to ask him to help me with them more than with everyday chores and errands. Because the boys love being with Daddy, and he's just great with them!

It's true, daddies do lend that different dimension, our kids will attest, that's not quite the same as what us mommies offer! Simply put, we can't fill those shoes! ;p

Have a special day, all dads out there, because you are special!!!

***

And just how special is Daddy? Let's hear it from Ben!

Vern is chasing Ben down the hall...

Vern: Come back, you haven't brushed your teeth!

Ben: I don't want to! I want to be as stinky as you!!!


***

13 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hee hee, children are sweet! I like the little conversation Ben had with daddy! Sometimes, when I can, I sit in the corner of the room, watch my husband play with the kids, hear them talk, really a joy!

sting said...

hehe.. like father like son! happy father's day to your hubby and your dad :-)

Charlene Teo said...

LOL too funny! Please help me pass a Happy Father's Day message to Vern!

stay-at-home mum said...

yeah! my hubby thinks that boys must learn to be stinly too! to prepare them for the army!! Are your kids considered American citizens or singaporeans??

Stardust said...

Awwgghhh... This is such a sweeeet father's day post. I wonder if I can write my hubby one someday? =P Ah! For first, he'll need to behave like a big man than a spoiled boy!

Bkworm said...

How coincidental...just yesterday the children church presented a song (for Father's Day) which was about how they wanted to be just like their dad! How important is leadership by example as young minds hope to grow up just like their fathers, eh? Happy Father's Day to Vern! Am sure he's a great father to the boys as evidenced by all the wonderful things you write about. :D

Bengbeng said...

please adopt Benghui..yr kids seem to b having such a fun time hahahahhaha

slavemom said...

We r so lucky to get a husb who provides for the family, takes care of everything n is a great father to the kids. No matter how bz or tired he is, he'll still make time to spend with the family, either at the mall or go on trips.

James TC Wong said...

BP, many thanks for the wishes! You are a blessing to many!!! xD

Yan said...

Was telling hubby that we would go out for that daddy's lunch on Sunday. Ended up preparing a pot of goodies at home! (posted in my Chinese blog:)

A little late to wish Vern a Happy Daddy's Day. But, for him, you, Jon and Ben - everyday is Daddy's Day!

NomadicMom said...

hahahhaah...

Jo said...

hahaha.. I laughed out loud at what Ben said to his daddy!!

In my household, the daddy plays with the kids while the mummy frets over their unfinished homework.

bp said...

Thanks, everyone, appreciate your comments and well-wishes! But sorry, didn't get a chance to respond till now. I hope your week's been great!

SAHM - we are all Singaporeans!=)